Thursday, January 5, 2017

Looking for czukart.com?

My online shop is closed. I am still creating pysanky, Wheel of Time™ art, & line art. Please contact me via comments on this page. I welcome your interest. Please contact me by leaving a message to this post.

If you are looking for Patterns of the Wheel: Coloring Art Based on Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time, please check your favorite local or online bookseller.


Some wearable art, featuring a few of my designs can be found through Artisan Tees.
Thank you!

For those unfamiliar with my art, I am primarily a folk artist, specializing in pysanky (decorative egg art) and pysanky-inspired design on more familiar surfaces, such as paper, wood, and canvas. Some of my art is  based on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time™ series, for which I am a licensed artist.  Scroll down to see some pictures. 


Pysanky



Writing pysanky is the traditional folk art of decorating eggs. It has been handed down through generations for millennia. The word pysanky stems from the Ukrainian word “to write". Pysanky are considered to be written thoughts using a combination of wax resist and dye to convey symbols and colors, rather than painted. Each pysanka carries a one of a kind message of hope and good wishes. Though often now associated with Easter, pysanky are for all of life's events, made for special occasions, or to transmit special wishes or prayers. The symbols and colors all contain meaning, representing life: wishes of hope, health, prosperity, safety, and blessings. Legend has it that as long as pysanky are written, goodness will prevail over evil throughout the world. 

For some older pictures of my pysanky, click here.

Some of the 2017/2018 crop of pysanky are below. Please contact me directly if interested in any.





My Wheel of Time coloring book, Patterns of the Wheel, was published by Tor Books in 2016.

As of May 2019, I am no longer producing officially licensed Wheel of Time art, It has been an honor and privilege to be one of the artists sanctioned by Bandersnatch to create art based on a well loved series, written by a well loved man. I am probably the only folk artist to have ever been officially licensed to create art for a fantasy series.
The White Tower Collection


Some bone art I've done using pysanky-inspired symbols. These skulls were from the personal collection of Robert Jordan.







I have a fair amount of 2D art, as well, which is available, both originals and prints. I will be updating this section shortly.







Eye See Who (prints only)
Snow Critters notecards

Pysindy Peacock

String of Owls (prints only)

Coloring Notecards

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I'm a long-time WoT fan and want to go to JordanCon next year to get my artwork seen and maybe sell something. Can you offer any advise how to get registered to do this?

    Many thanks,

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris
    The best place for info is JordanCon.org, followed by the FB page and the JordanCon FB group. You’ll find info on registration for the con, and for the art show. Keep in mind that while anyone in the show can display WoT related are, only licensed artists can actually sell anything with a Wheel of Time theme. Fan art can be displayed as “not for sale”, but all non WoT art can be offered up for sale (which is more of a silent auction). Hope you can make it! (Not on my own computer and having trouble logging in. This is Amy)

    ReplyDelete